The step-by-step actions that need to be handled for big results!
Enter your email to receive the checklist that gets your product out faster and eliminates headaches.
No thanks, struggling and seat-of-the-pants results are fine for me. :)
How you move through obstacles determines the richness in your life as well as the richness in your bank account.
So, what exactly is an obstacle? How do we spot one? An obstacles in my thinking, is anything that I perceive that stops or prevents me from having what I want or what I want happen.
Below, I will share with you a collection of obstacle busters I use and find extremely useful in life. They answer questions like "How do I need to arrange my obstacles?" and "Who do I need to talk to?"
1. Hold fast on to your VISIONS. How you are going to guide yourself if you are on course, or when you are off? The "how" is the methodology. This is a great obstacle buster because holding onto your vision and being authentically connected to it makes you much more likely to be successful in your project.
2. WRITE it out and throw it away. This exercise will help you get rid of your negative thoughts and feelings. Write "What negative thoughts or feelings are here now?" on a pad of paper, list them out, rip the paper out of the pad and physically throw it away. This actually physically removes this obstacle by rewiring neurology, clearing your thinking space.
3. DESIGN your day. I do it with writing and being conscious about what I want at the end of the day. Design your ideal day by answering the questions, "What would I want to say at the end of the day?" and "What is the best possible outcome of my day?" Write as if it is already 8PM today. Create this experience for yourself each day. Have your unconscious support your progress and what you want out of life, daily.
4. Incorporate PERSISTENCE and RESOURCEFULNESS. Consciously choose the response to the question, "If I were persistent, how would I deal with this?" Let this guide you to make the smartest, most resourceful choices for you personally and in business.
5. Use LANGUAGE to dissolve obstacles. Language is learnable, very tangible and very powerful. Language can dissolve obstacles in two ways: A) It creates understanding between you and and the other party and creates effective communication B) Learn the language of the industry you are participating in. For example, ROI, Seed capital, angel round, and buyer's language. In many situations, language earns you the right to be in certain conversations and be respected. You'll come across as a peer. As a result, you'll lower quality control mistakes and misunderstandings.
6. Leverage your TEAM. Team gives you expertise, experience and prevents a lot of problems altogether. Your team allows you to leverage time more efficiently. The benefit of having my team and having them well-trained, far outweighs me having to pull things back and doing things myself, bogging things down. Critical element: When I have paid a person and invested time with them, I am in the meeting differently.
The size of the obstacle always seems to be related to how much emotion I bring into it. The more negative emotions I bring into it, the bigger the obstacle seems. If I effectively bring in positive emotions, the obstacle seems to just dissolve and disintegrate. Dealing with frustration or discouragement can be challenging. Apply these tips to become more persistent and more resourceful in wiring your brain to overcome these tough situations.
And 2 more bonus tips just for reading the whole post...
7. MASTER YOURSELF. It is illusive and brings awareness. Master yourself by being aware of your emotional reactions. Look and explore what was really going on. Was there a training issue, a system break down or just nothing too alarming other than our business needs not getting met. Determine how you need to pivot, what needs to be put in place, and be proactive about. This keeps any human being from attacking the other person and building a bigger wall. Be aware and responsible in your communications.
8. BREAK DOWN & BREAK THROUGH. First, write down your responses to the following questions to find gaps in your system:
What didn't happen or go through the way it should have?
What's the lesson we learned?
What's being built out of it?
Then, take these responses and look for the lessons you've learned to continue to move all areas of your business.
SCHEDULE YOUR INTRODUCTORY APPOINTMENT!
Creating a physical product and getting it out in the world can be a struggle but it doesn't have to be. You can get answers to your questions, eliminate doubt and learn the next 2-3 steps forward. Book a free introductory appointment now.
GET THE EBOOK "TURN PRODUCTS INTO PROFITS"
If you want to make money from your products, you need the right tools at the right time. Our e-book shares tips, case studies, and best practices so you can harness your creative product ideas.
AboutProducts & ServicesReviewsBlog
Products To Profits
45 S. Arroyo Pkwy
Pasadena, CA 91105
PrivacyTerms & Conditions
© 2008-2021 Products To Profits, Inc. All Rights Reserved.